Here is a partial catalog of my attempts at becoming more than what I am today. I doubt I will ever succeed totally but I hope I will never stop trying.
I enjoy composing and orchestrating from pop songs to symphony. You can find my composition work here.
I am now learning to play the piano(again!) with pianist Jingjing Zhang . Before that, I learned piano with Dr. Thomas Schultz and pianist Anne Rainwater. You can find my piano recordings here. Here are some pieces I enjoy playing recently:
- Concerto No.1, Grieg
- Nocturnes No.1, Poulenc
- Sonata No.13, Beethoven
- Sonata No.3, Sergei Prokofiev
- Prelude op. 23 no. 5 in g minor, Sergei Rachmaninov
- Etude op. 10 No. 12 in C minor "Revolutionary", Frédéric Chopin
- Piano Sonata No. 15 in D major, Op. 28, Ludwig van Beethoven
- Three Romances for Violin and Piano Op. 22, Clara Schumann
- Phatasiestucke, Robert Schumann
- Piano Sonata No. 3 in C major, Op. 2, No. 3, Ludwig van Beethoven
- Impromptu in B-flat Major D. 935, No. 3 (Op. 142), Franz Schubert
- French Suites, BWV 817, Johann Sebastian Bach
- Prelude and Fugue No.2, Johann Sebastian Bach
- 4 Improptus, D899, Franz Schubert
- Kinderszenen op. 15, Robert Schumann
- Waltz in D-flat major, Op. 64, No. 1, Valse du petit chien, Frédéric Chopin
- Grande valse brillante in E-flat major, Op. 18, Frédéric Chopin
- Tempest Sonata, Ludwig van Beethoven
I enjoy reading sci-fi novels and love stories. Recently finished Isaac Asimov's The Greater Foundation Series and The Gods Themselves. I also enjoy the books from Italo Calvino, Xiaobo Wang, Virginia Woolf, Haruki Murakami, Cixin Liu, etc.
I also enjoy playing tennis and running. If you are visiting Beijing and want to hit some or run, ping me on email.